- 6 chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or sherry
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 12 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Wild Rice, washed and cooked
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cream of chicken soup or cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup slivered blanched almonds
Put chicken breast halves in a large skillet with water, wine, salt, pepper, curry powder, onion, and celery. Cover and simmer for 1 hour. Remove from heat and strain, reserving the broth. When cooled enough to handle, remove meat from bones, discarding skin. Cut into bite-size pieces.
Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat; sauté mushrooms until lightly browned.
Cook rice mixture with seasonings according to package directions, using the reserved broth as part of the liquid for cooking the rice.
Combine chicken, mushrooms, and rice in a large 3-quart casserole. Combine sour cream and soup; blend into chicken and rice mixture. Top with the slivered almonds. Cover with lid or foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes longer. Serves 8.