- 1 pound ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can vegetarian baked beans
- 6 cups prepared instant mashed potatoes
- 6 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, combine the ground beef and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until well browned. Add the tomato sauce, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes.
Prepare potatoes according to package directions. Place beef mixture into a casserole dish. Layer the beans over the beef and smooth prepared potatoes over the beans.
Sprinkle the cheese over the potatoes and bake uncovered at 375 for 30 to 40 minutes.