- 6 green bell peppers, tops cut away and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked long or medium-grain white rice
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large sauté pan or skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and chopped bell peppers and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the beef, pork, garlic, parsley, salt, and black pepper. Cook until the meat is browned, breaking up the lumps. Add the rice and tomato sauce and stir well. Remove from the heat and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
Pour enough water into the bottom of a baking dish to just cover the bottom, about 1/8-inch deep. Stuff the bell peppers with the rice mixture and place in the baking dish. Bake until the peppers are very tender and the filling is heated through, 25 to 30 minutes.
Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.