- 2 (6 oz) cans solid white tuna, drained
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large chopped celery rib
- 2 chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- seasoning salt (to taste)
- ground lemon pepper or black pepper (to taste)
- 4 slices Sour Dough bread
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Butter or margarine
In a bowl combine tuna, mayonnaise, lemon juice, celery, green onions, and parsley. Add seasoning salt and lemon or black pepper to taste, and mix well.
Compile the sandwich by layering a slice of bread, then the tuna mixture, some Swiss cheese, then tomato’s followed by more Swiss cheese. Butter a slice of bread and lay it on top of the sandwich (butter side up).
Heat your skillet or griddle on medium heat. Place the sandwiches butter side down into your skillet. Lightly butter the slice of bread that’s facing upwards. Cook for a few minutes until nicely browned then flip sandwich over and cook on the other side until it’s browned. Remove from pan and serve immediately.