- 1/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 12 oz. canned tuna in water, drained
- 3 cups wide egg noddles, cooked (6 ounces uncooked)
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 TBS butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375° F. Grease or spray a 2 quart shallow baking dish. Melt in a sauce pan the 1/4 cup butter. Add in the mushrooms, onions, and red bell pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft.
Stir in flour. Cook one minute.
gradually whisk in the milk. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Then turn the heat down and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat and whisk in cheese and tuna until melted.
Stir in noodles, parsley, salt and pepper.
Pour into prepared dish.
Mix together the bread crumbs and melted 2TBS butter and sprinkle over top of tuna..
Bake until top is brown about 25 to 35 minutes.
Serve with Garlic bread