- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread mix
- 1 chopped green pepper
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped celery
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 can (15 ounces) chili with beans
- 2 TBS brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
Prepare corn bread batter according to package directions. Spread half the batter into a greased 8-in. baking dish; set aside.
In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onion and celery in oil until crisp-tender. Stir in hot dogs; saute 3-4 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Stir in the chili, brown sugar, garlic powder, dry mustard, and chili powder; heat through.
Stir in 3/4 cup cheese.
Spoon over prepared corn bread.
Spread remaining batter over the hot dog mixture.
Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 28-32 minutes.
Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6 servings.