- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 6 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 9-ounce package fresh cheese ravioli
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
Grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper, onion, garlic, basil, fennel seeds and crushed red pepper and sauté until vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes. Add broth. Cover pot and simmer 10 minutes. Add zucchini and carrot. Cover and simmer until carrot is almost tender, about 5 minutes. Increase heat to high and bring soup to boil. Add ravioli and boil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken and cook just until heated through, about 1 minute. Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.
Ladle soup into bowls. Serve, passing cheese separately.