- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1⁄4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 pounds skirt steak, cut into 6 pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoons chipotle seasoning
- 10 small flour tortillas, warmed
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the sweet potato, onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, heat broiler. Season the steak with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon black pepper and place on a broiler proof rimmed baking sheet. Broil the steak for 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let rest at least 5 minutes before slicing.
In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and chipotle seasoning. Fill the tortillas with the steak, vegetables, and chipotle sour cream.