After yesterday’s six hour Thanksgiving test run in the kitchen I’m cooling it down today with this delicious turnip salad. (By the way, the family absolutely loved the hummus I made yesterday!)
Recipe and photo credit via My Gourmet Connection
- 6 small purple-top turnips, peeled, ends trimmed
- 2 small carrots, peeled
- 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Prepare the turnips, carrots and apple using the shredding disk of a food processor or the largest holes on a box grater and combine in a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice and toss to coat. Add the onion, oil, vinegar, sugar and parsley. Mix well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Cover and chill for one hour before serving.
Makes about 3-1/2 cups (6 to 8 servings)