- 8 uncooked jumbo macaroni shells- cooked & drained first.
- 2 TBS reduced calorie Italian dressing
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 2 TBS minced green onions
- 2 tsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. grated lemon peel
- Dash salt & pepper
In shallow glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine macaroni shells and dressing; toss to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate in refrigerator until chilled.
In small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Using slotted spoon, remove shells from bowl reserving dressing. Spoon 1/8 of cheese mixture into each shell; set shells on serving platter and drizzle with reserved dressing.
Serve shells on a bed of lettuce and surround with sliced tomatoes.
Makes 2 servings, 4 shells each.