I adapted a delicious recipe from Pillsbury®.
Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookie dough gives these muffin tops a head start for an easy blueberry breakfast treat that’s delicious served warm or cool.
Prep Time: 20 Min
Total Time: 45 Min
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1 1/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 Egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups fresh or frozen (thawed) blueberries
* Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper. In small bowl, mix 1/4 cup of the flour, sugar and butter with fork until crumbly; set aside to use for topping. In another small bowl, mix remaining 1 cup flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside.
* In medium bowl, beat dough and cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until blended. On low speed, beat in egg, milk, lemon peel and lemon juice until well blended. Stir in flour mixture just until combined (do not overmix; mixture will be a thick batter). Carefully fold in blueberries. (If using thawed berries, rinse and pat dry with paper towel before adding.)
* Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls 1 to 2 inches apart onto cookie sheets, using rubber spatula to scrape batter from tablespoon. Sprinkle each muffin top with about 1 teaspoon crumb topping.
* Bake 12-13 minutes or just until edges begin to brown. Cool on cookie sheets 2 to 3 minutes before removing to cooling racks. Serve warm or cool.